Conference Date: 02/13/24 LOI Date: 03/13/24 Deadline: 04/23/24 11:59 PM
Add to calendar
Grants to Florida nonprofit organizations, municipalities, and IHEs in eligible regions for arts-based programs to enhance the lives of local children and families. Applicants must participate in an online workshop and complete eligibility forms prior to applying. Funding is intended for three types of activities: long-term projects, arts enrichment programs, and projects for children, youth, and young adults with disabilities. Eligible programs must be open to the entire community; eligible applicants are located in and serve Miami-Dade County.
The objective of the YEP Grants Program is to enrich the lives of children through the arts by making the arts available to more children and families throughout Miami-Dade County, whereby, children will have opportunities to have positive live arts experiences through high quality cultural arts programs, such as:
In-school Arts Residencies and Performances
Out-of-School/Public Arts Exhibitions and Performances
Category A – Registration-Based Projects: Awards project-based funding support for projects that provide children and youth the opportunity for ongoing/long-term direct participation in the arts. These projects must be registration-based, be able to measure the impact of repeated participation in these programs on the students over the project period, and document measurable outcomes.
Category B – Arts Enrichment: Awards project-based funding support for projects that provide children and youth the opportunity to participate in exceptional, innovative, and transformative live arts experiences.
Category C – All Kids Included: Awards project-based funding support for projects that primarily serve children, youth, and young adults with disabilities through inclusive arts and cultural programs so that kids of all abilities and their families can participate fully in the arts.
To be eligible to apply, an organization must:
- Be legally incorporated in the State of Florida as a not-for-profit with designated tax-exempt status under section 501(c)(3) of the United States Internal Revenue Code.
- A political subdivision of Miami-Dade County or one of its municipalities, to be considered and determined on a case-by-case basis, provided that the organization provides services, cultural programs and open access to the community and the general public on a regular basis
- Qualify as a public or private institution of higher education
- Be the project “owner/presenter” directly responsible for managing, overseeing, and implementing all administrative aspects of the proposed project
- Have a minimum one-year track record of producing high-quality, cultural arts programs for children and/or youth in Miami-Dade County
- Applications Available: February 2024 with Administrator Approval
- Pre-Grant Submission Online Workshops:
Thursday February 8, 2024
Tuesday, February 13, 2024
- Courtesy Deadline: Tuesday, March 6, 2024, 11:59 PM
- Deadline: Wednesday, March 13, 2024, 11:59 PM
- Application Comments / Corrections Issued: April 16, 2024
- Corrected / Final Application Due: April 23 2024, 11:59 PM
- YEP Panel Meeting Date: Thursday, September 5, 2024, 10:30 AM
- Cultural Affairs Council Approval; September 2024
- Board of County Commissioners Approval: October/ November 2024
- Award Notifications Issued: November / December 2024
- Availability of Grant Funds: Not earlier than January 2025
Applicants must submit a grant Eligibility and Request form and be granted permission by the program's grant administrator before beginning work on the grant application.
Category C applicants must consult with the program administrator prior to submitting an Eligibility and Request form.
Applicants must have a user account for basic log-in access and complete and submit a Grant Eligibility and Request Form. Only after the Program Administrator has confirmed your eligibility can you be provided access to the online grant application. This review may take up to 3-5 business days.
Organizations are encouraged to complete the entire application process at least 72 hours in advance of the application deadline to ensure successful submittal.
Returning applicants have the option to submit a completed application, including all required support materials, no later than 11:59 PM one full calendar week in advance of the grant program’s published application deadline for a thorough “Courtesy Review” by the Program Administrator.
First-time applicants must submit their grant application no later than the program’s technical review deadline and will receive an automatic courtesy review by the Program Administrator. Feedback and suggestions for strengthening and/or correcting the application will be provided approximately 7 days prior to the corrected/final application deadline.
Applicants must furnish a minimum $1 to $1 funding match in cash, or a combination of cash and in-kind contributions.
Estimated Size of Grant
- Category A - Registration-Based Projects: Applicants in Category A may request up to $30,000
- Category B – Arts Enrichment: Grant recipients in Category B will each receive an award of $10,000
- Category C – All Kids Included: Applicants in Category C may request up to $20,000