Foundation / Corporation
Community Foundation of Broward
Grants to Broward County, Florida nonprofit organizations for community arts projects. Eligible projects are those that celebrate and leverage the community's unique assets, have a high level of artistic excellence, and bring long-term benefit for the community.
Projects must do the following:
Ignite Artistic Creativity
The Foundation seeks to ignite artistic creativity in every district, in every city, and within every community throughout Broward. This means artists, organizations, and community members use highly creative art forms to honor and celebrate what is uniquely authentic to Broward and/or a particular community. Authentic assets in Broward range from its cultural diversity to its iconic beaches. Each city and neighborhood has its own unique assets that the Foundation seeks to bring to life and celebrate using the arts in deeply immersive and creative ways. The Foundation is looking for fresh, out-of-the box ideas that push art forms to a new level (not the same-old-same). You can present an old art form in a new way, present a new concept, or combine art forms in new ways.
Invoke Community Pride and Create a Sense of Place
Knowing that the arts invoke community pride and create a sense of place, the Foundation wants people to interact with and enjoy the arts in new and different ways. Projects need to use to the arts that enable people to have an experience that makes them feel proud to be part of this community. Your arts project needs to reflect the people and the community in which the arts will exist and cause people to develop a personal appreciation and respect for the value and the energy that the arts bring to their community. The arts must create a sense of place that connects people to where they live and to others in their community. If the arts enrich or enhance the quality of life in their community, then everyone will develop a greater sense pride and feel like they belong. The result is that people will be attracted to live and visit the community for years to come.
- Engage professional local and/or national artists to ensure the project renders the highest level of artistic rigor and quality.
- Incorporate creative approaches in the art form of choice that enable diverse audiences to view, engage and interact with art in unique and interesting ways.
- Art forms can be any of the following: paintings/illustrations, sculptures, installations, photographs, films, folk arts, performance arts, literature, architecture, culinary, public media, crafts, and art & technology collaborations, painting, sculpture and folk arts.
- Demonstrate authenticity to our community. Projects capitalize on the unique assets of our region or the chosen community in which your arts project happens. People will recognize or know it is a Broward “owned” project, like Miami’s Wynwood.
- Fill a gap, expand a current offering, uncover new artists, expose the arts, and arts ideas that “but for” this opportunity would not come to fruition.
- Have capable leadership and partnerships to get the project done and achieve project outcomes.
The Foundation welcomes arts projects that replicate or expand a successful national model in Broward.
GrantWatch ID#: 171181
Up to $100,000
Projects should be designed to be fully executed in approximately 12-18 months from grant award.
-Nonprofits with 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status to provide services to Broward County
- City or county agencies with projects that demonstrate charitable intent in Broward County
- Individuals are not eligible to apply
Examples of projects that would not be considered:
- Fund-raising events, celebration functions, private events not open to the public
- Existing arts projects that do not demonstrate significant project expansion
- Arts projects that exclusively engage youth, school based, and/or part of an afterschool program
The Foundation will not provide support to organizations which, in their constitution or practice, discriminate against a person or group on the basis of: age, political affiliation, race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, religious belief, ethnicity, or national origin.
The Art of Community Showcase spotlights projects that brought the community together recently and resulted in a flurry of creative and interactive arts throughout Broward.
If you are interested in applying for an Art of Community grant, then this event is for you.
Please join to learn more about recently completed or nearly finished Art of Community projects.
Thursday, October 18, 2018 at 9 am
Click here for more information and to RSVP:
Application Start: Open Now
Application Deadline: November 28, 2018
Grants Awarded: End of January, 2019
The organization must demonstrate that their project has acquired a 1:1 cash match when completing the budget bundle:
- 50% of the match must be secured by the start of the project
- The second 50% of the match must be secured by the project mid-point.
- A limited in-kind match may be considered that compliments the cash match.
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Sheri Brown, Vice President Grants and Initiatives
954.761.9503, ext. 103
Community Foundation of Broward
910 East Las Olas Boulevard, Suite 200
Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33301
USA: Florida: Broward County