Foundation / Corporation
Encompass Health Corporation
07/31/18 Electronic submission by 17:00 CST or postmarked by date
Grants totaling $30,000 to USA and Puerto Rico researchers for projects that study the impact or effectiveness of physical, occupational, or speech therapy in an inpatient rehabilitation facility post-acute care setting. The funding is available for research only, and funds may be divided between several proposed studies.
Funds may be requested to support direct costs attributable to the study, excluding the investigators’ time.
The overall objective of this grant is to support research efforts that investigate the impact and/or effectiveness of therapy services within the inpatient rehabilitation facility (IRF) or home health post-acute care settings. This grant award would also support studies that investigate implementation science or knowledge translation that studies implementing evidence into practice. Through this grant award, Encompass Health is promoting efforts to expand the available research by exploring the impact and assisting in filling the gap of available research for therapy in IRFs and the home health settings.
This list of potential topics offers interested applicants subjects which may be considered the highest priority for the grant funding award:
- Efficacy of physical, occupational, or speech therapy assessments or interventions
- Impact of modes or intensity of therapies on patient outcomes and experience
- Impact of therapy assessments or interventions on outcomes or experience
- Prevention or control of rehabilitation-related conditions
- Patient and caregiver education programming impact or outcomes
- Impact of IRF therapy services on the continuum of care throughout a patient’s medical event, including re-hospitalization and post-acute care
- Implementation research aimed at the study of methods to implement research findings
The applications submitted will be evaluated based on:
- Scientific merit and experience of principal investigator(s),
-Relevance to the grant program objectives, and
- Expected outcomes and study feasibility.
GrantWatch ID#: 181519
Funding is limited to $30,000; may be divided between several proposed studies.
In 2018, Encompass Health is offering research funding grant(s) totaling up to $30,000.
Research is expected to be completed in no more than 12 months after awarding the grant.
- Research proposed must be conducted in the United States or Puerto Rico.
- Principal investigators must be based in the United States or Puerto Rico.
- A well-defined research protocol is required
- IRB approval is required through entities as defined by the research protocol.
- Human subject policies and informed consents obtained from patients must be develop in accordance with CITI requirements.
Note: It is not required that this grant funding be awarded to applicants that are HealthSouth employees or for research that is conducted in a HealthSouth hospital. Due to limited funding amount, research development grants and all levels of research will be considered, so long as the proposed research has sufficient importance and scientific credibility that it is expected to be published in a peer review journal.
HealthSouth will not consider organizations that discriminate by race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation or national origin.
Grant application and supporting documentation must be submitted by July 31, 2018.
The final selection of the project for funding will be conducted by the HealthSouth Therapy Grant Selection Committee and Corporate Clinical Research Committee. Final selection will be complete within 30 days of the final submission deadline or August 31, 2018.
More information about the grant: http://encompasshealth.com/therapy-grants?linkId=100000002897197
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Email applications to TherapyGrants@healthsouth.com
Mail applications to:
Attn: Kendra Metcalf
3660 Grandview Parkway
Birmingham, AL 35243
USA: Alabama; Alaska; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; Florida; Georgia; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York City; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Pennsylvania; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virginia; Washington, DC; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming
USA Territories: Puerto Rico (USA)