Grants of up to $5,000 to Florida PreK-12 classroom educators and science teachers to integrate agricultural projects into the curriculum. Funding is intended for initiatives that engage students, teach them the value of agriculture, and acquaint them with local agricultural representatives and producers.
Eligible use of funds (this is not an all-inclusive list but will give applicants a good idea):
The grant is open to general education and agriculture teachers in pre-kindergarten through 12th grade who want to use agricultural concepts to teach core subject areas.
Grant money may not be used for:
- Manure (This is not Black Kow or compost.)
- Transportation - unless it is a justifiable need in grant application
- Digital Cameras
- Consumables - unless food items are an integral part of the lesson plan and end product.
- Teacher/Instructor stipends or fees
- Miscellaneous items - must list everything out in detail.
- Grant Applications will go live on August 9, 2023. All 2032-2024 proposals must be emailed by September 29, 2023.
- Only the first 40 complete applications will be accepted and considered.
- FAITC will announce grant recipients by email by the end of October 2023.
Applications must include a letter of support from the administration.