Miami Beach Visitor and Convention Authority (MBVCA)
09/16/19 12:00 PM
Grants of up to $30,000 to Miami Beach, Florida nonprofit organizations and for-profit organizations for programs and projects that promote local tourism year-round. Applicants must meet with program staff and submit preliminary information prior to submitting an application.
Initiative grants are specifically targeted towards organizations chosen by the MBVCA to carry out the designated initiative. Initiatives can be a repeat grant but are usually a one-time grant.
The panel will provide priority attention to the following tourism development objectives in regard to making funding decisions:
- Television Coverage: Programs with confirmed television coverage and viewership from a major network or cable provider.
- Development Areas: Programs which occur during the months of June - September and during national holidays; programs which help expand the positive impact of tourism into North Beach and other under-utilized areas of Miami Beach.
- Confirmation of Hotel Room Nights: Programs with confirmed hotel room blocks of 350 hotel room nights or more in a Miami Beach hotel.
- Significant Impact: Programs that have a track record or a demonstrable potential to provide a significant national
and/or international return for Miami Beach in regard to publicity and visitorship.
- Long-Term Planning: Year-round activities, series of events and/or entire seasons which demonstrate comprehensive and strategic approaches to building effective cultural tourism programs.
- Open to the Public: Programs, events, and activities that are open and accessible to Miami Beach visitors and residents.
- Event Quality/Reputation - events that attract high caliber and high profile artists to perform in Miami Beach; events with an outstanding national or international reputation.
GrantWatch ID#: 174527
The maximum grant request is one quarter of the actual project budget, up to a maximum of $30,000.
The funding period consists of First Period (Events taking place between October 1, 2019, and January 31, 2020); Second Period (Events taking place between February 1, 2020 and May 31, 2020), and Third Period (Events taking place between June 1, 2020, and September 30, 2020).
Before starting your grant application, please review the funding source's website listed below for updates/changes/addendums/conferences/LOIs.
Online application portal: https://www.miamibeachvca.com/portal/login/
Miami Beach Visitor and Convention Authority
1701 Meridian Avenue, Suite 403
Miami Beach, FL 33139
USA: Florida: Miami Beach